Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Conquering Hero




zzzzoooooooOOOOOM! So fast the shot is blurry! Archer (13) had his first Nordic Ski meet yesterday. For those of you who don't know, Nordic skiing is cross country skiing. It was a five mile race hosted by our junior high/high school, Mount Greylock, which is surrounded by woods and has amazing cross country trails on its property. Archer only started practicing with the team last month, and he had never been on skis before. (His parents had to take out a second mortgage on the house, throw everything we owned of value on eBay, and sell the car in order to buy him equipment, but don't get me started).
This was his first race and he assured me he might be coming in "dead last", but he was 18th out of 54!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Archer! Looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Archer! Go Archer! It's your birthday! Wow! Cross country skiing...can't even imagine. And is he REALLY that grown up and handsome????? SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it. Old Grandma actually got on and put Venetia and Joe on my blog (that Cathy totally did for me and occassionally puts on something new)under children and grandchildren so now I can click on and see how you guys are doing everyday! Thank Beckie for doing this for you and for me.

    Such cute pics. Tell Archer that I am very proud of him. I want him to teach me how to do that. Miss all of you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete